Women in Insurance Atlanta returns in 2023 with a live summit dedicated to empowering women and allies, developing the next generation of leaders, and celebrating the achievements of women in insurance.
The event has been designed to enable insurance professionals to make new connections, discover new ideas and disruptions, explore the hot topics and key challenges women face in the industry and get inspired to advance in their careers.
Featuring influential speakers from leading companies, a packed agenda and powerful networking opportunities, the event aims to inspire and empower the industry to continue to make positive change in its goal to close the gender gap and provide equal opportunities for men and women to flourish.
Join us in person in Atlanta on March 2, 2023, to celebrate the resilience of this innovative and forward-thinking industry and unite as part of the summit’s global conversation.
Enhance your career with skill-building leadership strategies
Make meaningful connections and network with top insurance leaders
Get the latest updates on market trends, emerging opportunities and risks
SVP, Marketing and Technology Partners
Senior Director, Casualty Underwriting & Healthcare Risk Solutions
SVP, Head of E&S Wholesale Casualty and Environmental
Underwriting Development Manager
Taffy Jo Mayers
Commercial P&C Insurance Leader
All times in ET
Opening Keynote: Women leading the way – Inclusive decision-making
Join a leading industry executive as she discusses how the willingness to be inclusive in your decision-making practices can transform you into a more effective leader. She will share her wins, challenges, and transformative decisions that helped her become a CEO, alongside a predominantly female leadership team. In this session, you will learn how to develop the framework to increase women in leadership – and how to empower others to do the same.
Panel: Competitive intelligence – Market trends and the future of insurance
Digital disruptions, including AI, deep learning technologies and Blockchain, post-pandemic and environmental factors, are changing the insurance market and the way products and services are delivered. As we move out of the pandemic, what are the latest market trends, opportunities, and technologies shaping insurance today? In this session, hear from key industry leaders as they dive into the current and future insurance market – and what you need to know to remain an informed and effective leader.
- What are the latest market trends and what do they reveal?
- Discover current thinking on ESG priorities, big data, and analytics
- Addressing emerging trends in natural disasters and climate risk
- What’s next? Anticipating market trends and industry changes in 2023 and beyond
Networking coffee break
Pursuing better together: Harness the power of intersectionality to help you achieve your potential
Embracing different perspectives and ideas creates more effective, productive, and sustainable organizations. As an industry, we’ve come a long way, but we still are growing. It is vital for industry leaders to evolve current thinking on diversity, equity, and inclusion to include considerations of intersectionality, an academic term that recognises how different aspects of a person combine to create overlapping areas of privilege and oppression (Kimberlé W. Crenshaw, 1989). In this session, our panel will explore how to build on current DEI programs to understand how intersectional groups experience the workplace. By including intersectionality, we can advance opportunities for all and enable each other to succeed.
- Learn about intersectionality and why is it important to overcoming inequality in the workplace.
- Discover how to apply intersectionality to empower your workforce and your team.
- Examine issues in the workplace through an intersectional lens and learn practical tips and actionable takeaways.
Breaking the taboos – Supporting women’s health at every career stage
Women face health issues and challenges throughout their lives and introducing a specific women’s health strategy can provide practical advice on how to support women to thrive in the workforce. How can we create an open culture where women feel supported, confident, and safe to talk about health issues like menopause and miscarriage? How can you take control of your own health in the workplace? Hear how [speaker] has implemented a culture that prioritizes women’s health and the strategies you can implement in your own organization.
- Conversations to expand line managers’ awareness and understanding
- Discover how small adjustments can have a significant impact
- A breakdown of common taboos around women’s health issues for the benefit of your workplace
Panel: Fighting fatigue – How to remain on top of your game
With competing priorities and stressful working environments, many managers and executives are experiencing various levels of burnout. How can we prioritize wellbeing, and in turn, create a culture of empathy and support? This session will discuss strategies to fight fatigue, boost resilience, and focus on self-care and mental wellbeing to lead by example.
- What are the best strategies for fighting fatigue, and how can we develop them?
- How can managers and organizations encourage and prioritize a culture that supports wellbeing?
- Overcoming common challenges such as time management, multiple responsibilities, and burnout
How to negotiate during pay discussions
Gender pay inequity exists at all levels in the insurance profession. This interactive session will provide you with the confidence to negotiate your remuneration, while meeting the needs of your organisation.
- How to prepare for the conversation to get the outcome you want
- Understanding your compensation expectations, incentives, and career progression
- Alternative compensation models that value performance and outcomes
Networking coffee break
Expand your network, make connections, and meet fellow delegates in a structured networking session.
Fireside Chat: Accelerating your career – The latest scoop on skills development
The industry is rapidly changing, and leaders need to be at the forefront to deliver business objectives. How can you ensure you are performing at your best through self-driven learning and development? This fireside chat on skills development will discuss strategies to develop capabilities and skillsets for career advancement.
- What are the top 3 emerging leadership skills, and how can we develop them?
- How can managers and executives encourage and prioritize learning and development for themselves and their teams?
- Overcoming challenges, such as leading inclusively and authentically in a hybrid environment, juggling multiple responsibilities, and collaboration between multi-generational teams
- Tips on how to take the next step in your career
Networking drinks reception
REGISTRATION FOR WOMEN IN INSURANCE SUMMIT ATLANTA 2023 IS OPEN
Join us and hear from top leaders in the industry and make connections and become a force of change